COM 6.2

 Harmony Composition

Sketch

Video

Process:

    For this project, I wanted to focus on the naturally occurring harmonies and drones found within nature. I started by using an ocean wave loop audio as the drone for the project. I discovered that wav files loop better in p5.js than mp3 because mp3 leaves a gap between the end of a loop and the beginning of the next one.

I was originally going to have different types of nature noises but I discovered a youtube video about the different kinds of singing birds and decided to use those audio clips as the different layers of harmonic options, so as to create a "choir" of birds. The biggest problem I ran into for this project was audio clip size. The most I could make each clip is about 3 seconds before it would cause an endless load in the sketch. I worked around this by just looping each audio clip in the code until it's turned off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Patterns Assignment #1

Hypercinema Week #4

PhysComp Week #1