COM Final Project

Final Project

Play

Sketch

Process:

    As documented in my project proposal, I wanted to create an educational tool for musicians of all skill levels. The premise of the project was to create something similar to Duolingo, where you have a specific word (or in this case - note) played and you answer what you think it is and receive positive or negative feedback. Through the repetition of doing this, hopefully, people will become more familiar with recognizing notes, or even chords, by ear.

Due to time restraints, I scaled back the project to a demo of sorts that lacks the refinement of the application that I envision, but retains the core purpose which is to serve as a way for you to test your musical knowledge. I left out the feedback portion where you receive a "correct" or "incorrect" and instead opted for a low-stress interactive way to either just look at the answers if you want or challenge yourself to guess, it is up to the user.

In the future, if I were to continue working on this project, I would want to integrate a more sophisticated interface with options for changing the scale, the instrument being played, and maybe even a chords version of the app. I imagine there would also be some kind of progression track to reward you for completing levels and keep track of your knowledge progress. Stuff like this would require probably Unity if I wanted to actually turn it into an application.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Patterns Assignment #1

Hypercinema Week #4

PhysComp Week #1