PhysComp Week #2

 Prep:

I read the recommended material. I think it was a lot to remember in one go but hopefully as we apply this knowledge it'll stick. I think it was slightly less intimidating to read once I realized that I had already encountered a lot of these terms, albeit without necessarily properly understanding what they meant entirely.


Lab 1:

These labs definitely felt like they took me longer to setup and troubleshoot than the last ones. This lab in particular I was having trouble with getting the Arduino programming to work. However, after fiddling around in the Tool settings I was able to get the code running. There was a bit of wire misplacement but once I sorted that out, I had the switch and LED's working. The only thing I noticed is that I had to hold down the Arduino to keep it in place. I assume this isn't normal so what does this mean? Is it a problem with the breadboard or the Arduino? If I don't hold it, it won't properly fit into the board and nothing works, but once I apply force and keep it down, everything works fine. It seems like the Arduino pops out of the board very easily.


Lab 2:

This one was fairly straight forward after troubleshooting the previous lab. I was able to get the code working and everything set up on the board. No new issues other than what was previously going on with holding the Arduino down.


Lab 3:

Again, not much new. Holding down the Arduino makes it annoying, but I think I was able to manage. I always had the occasional slight misplace of wires. I think because the breadboard is so small often I mistake an alignment here or there. Hopefully, as I do this more, placing things will become second nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Patterns Assignment #1

Hypercinema Week #4

PhysComp Week #1