Hypercinema Week #4

ArtLine: This creates line art from an image. I found this model interesting immediately. I think it has potential for a lot of reasons. It could be used to expedite the animation process by creating amazing line art from real photos. It'd be good way to incorporate real locations or people into animation easily. I also think it could be interesting as a way for non-artists to convert their pictures into a drawing. It could also be used as a learning tool for artists to better see what parts of an image to emphasize in line art and where to shade. For my concept, I would upload a series of images from a piece of media and create a manga style page with the results in illustrator or photoshop. It'd be cool to see how quickly and easily we could make things like that with this.

Style2Paints: This automatically colorizes line art. I think this would be an interesting part 2 to the ArtLine model. I would put a set of photos through ArtLine to create line art and then put those generated images through Style2Paints to color them. In the end, I could make a manga panel where the entire production process was done by AI.

BigGAN: This generates a series of images in a chosen category. I can use this to generate the images that I then put through the ArtLine model, and subsequently through Style2Paint. Using synthetic media to generate the images that I feed through the other models ensures that the resulting project is purely created through synthetic media.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Patterns Assignment #1

PhysComp Week #1