PhysComp Week #7

 Project 2 Idea: For this project, I want to build a controller device that would be able to connect to pc games, like the game that I just made in P5. To operate the game, I would need full range of motion besides just up,down,left,right so I think a joystick would be a good inclusion.

Playtesting: Given that game controllers are a common item, and I assume everyone has touched one at least once in their lifetime, I don't think it'll be too hard for participants to quickly pick up the way the project works. What playtesting would mainly be used for is to get feedback on if the movement is janky or natural and how I could take the project further. Since I'm also just learning coding, I think the hard part will be getting feedback on solely the controller, instead of critique on the way the game plays.

Instructions would include the simple controls required for the game. After the test, I would ask testers how the controller felt in their hands? Was it awkward, bulky or were the controls uncooperative? Could they see themselves using this controller for other games?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Patterns Assignment #1

Hypercinema Week #4

PhysComp Week #1