Worldmaking with Unity Week #2

For the second week of Unity work, I decided to build upon the roll-a-ball by playing around with texture mapping, lighting, and shadows. I decided upon a galaxy/constellation theme for the game, making the player sphere the moon (as seen below).


I parented a point light to the moon so that it gave off the illusion that the moon was casting shadows and also provided a stronger sense of place for the player in the game. With a light on their moveable object they will feel more immersed. I set the pickup-able objects texture to a high metallic and smoothness so they light seems to constantly shift around them. The yellow pickups are my "stars".


Video Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Patterns Assignment #1

Hypercinema Week #4

PhysComp Week #1