Feeling Patterns Week #2

     The pattern that I noticed this week is Rubik's cubes. The pattern for this object is each face of the cube has the exact same amount of squares in corresponding colors. Looking at it, it's satisfying when all the colors are on the same side because that's how it's supposed to look. When you complete a Rubik's cube the pattern brings a sense of accomplishment. However, when you're in the process of working on a Rubik's cube, sometimes the necessity for a pattern is frustrating. Sometimes I'll make interesting configurations of the colors which is a satisfaction that both breaks and reinforces human's desire for patterns. In a way, I am rejecting the necessity for all the colors to be the same, but on the other hand, I am finding excitement and satisfaction in creating a new pattern of my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICM Week #6

Worldmaking with Unity Final Project

Feeling Patterns Week #3