Feeling Patterns Assignment #2

Project

 

Process:  I started out experimenting with drawing snowflake patterns in p5. I was trying to think of naturally occurring patterns in nature and snowflakes seemed like an interesting one. Then I started to think how can I manipulate this pattern or create a new pattern of my own. I usually create interactive pieces but for once I wanted to make a visual experience that you just watch and absorb. I think there's a fascination in observing patterns that's different than making them. If you make a pattern it's not all that interesting because it's easy to do, but to see patterns forming and try and piece them together scratches a certain part of the brain. Then I started to think what's going to drive the patterns and decided to use another pattern: beats. I like making visualizer-type projects in p5 so I settled on creating a system that would generate snowflake patterns by analyzing the music playing. Ultimately, I think I created something satisfying to watch and that pushes our ability to recognize patterns in a fun way. I think this project would be an interesting installation, like maybe making a Christmas installation with various songs creating different type of snowflake pieces.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICM Week #6

Worldmaking with Unity Final Project

Hypercinema Week #4