Feeling Patterns Week #3

         The pattern that caught my attention this week is nutrition food labels. We standardize the way that information like this is delivered to consumers so that it's easier for them to find the information they're looking for. This reminded me of when I was studying abroad in London and the food labels looked similar and yet different enough that I struggled at first to find the nutrition facts that I might usually check for here. It's the same with when I go into Polish delis in my neighborhood and check the back of the snacks. It's a familiar enough pattern that with a little common sense I can find what I'm looking for but it disrupts the pattern of what I'm used to so I have to take a second to re-orientate myself. Standardization, regulations, and rules are patterns that surround us and help us to share information quickly and efficiently. To represent this in code, I might show food labels and slowly distort them or use the pattern of the label but fill the information with something not nutritional and unrelated to what we'd usually see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICM Week #6

Worldmaking with Unity Final Project